Languages for Training: English
The Management Centre
Professional / University Background
MSc Psychology Open University
BSc (Hons) Media and Society London South Bank University
Current Work Focus
Currently the Project Manager for a UNDP-ACT funded bicommunal project titled ENGAGE-Do Your Part for Peace (Phase I 2009-2011, Phase II 2011-2013) which focuses primarily on civic engagement and reconciliation within the Turkish Cypriot and Greek Cypriot community of Cyprus.
Activities within the project:
- Technical Assistance for civil society organisations, platforms and/or networks in the fields of advocacy activities and practices and meeting organisation;
- Trainings in the fields of Networking and policy engagement, Conflict Resolution and Transformation, Intercultural Learning and Training of Trainers;
- Capacity Assessments and Capacity Building in the fields of networking and policy engagement, strategic planning, project design and project management, organizational development and advocacy;
- The implementation of a series of open discussions relating to the various spectrums of Federalism.
- Organisation of the ENGAGE bicommunal NGO Fair, engaging with volunteers and supporting CSOs through the media;
- Advocacy and lobbying with key actors in Cyprus through the organisation and implementation of four thematic open dialogue networks in the fields of Gender and Diversity, Peace and Reconciliation, Sustainable Development and CSO Profile Enabling Environment.
My expertise and what I like to do
I can provide trainings in the fields of:
- Volunteerism and Volunteer Management
- Capacity Assessment and Strategic Planning
- Project Cycle Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Civil Society Project Design and Planning
- Communication and Outreach for Civil Society Organizations
My training style
My style is a combination of both theory and practice, with presentations on the topic followed by group activities to really understand the context of the subject. I like to be as creative as possible and create an inclusive learning exchange environment.